- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- TAAT sweet potato compact launched in Accra
- British farms may get special pass to hire migrant workers
- Frigga: New product launch conference at Hong Kong Asian Fruit and Vegetable Exhibition
- Sri Lanka rupee hits record low of 166.00 per US dollar
- Philippines vegetable prices skyrocket after typhoon ‘Ompong’
Zespri accused of 'violating Chinese law'
Last January, the Marriott International hotel chain had to apologise and condemn "separatists" in China after the Beijing government shut down its website over wording, which suggested some Chinese regions were separate countries.
At the time China's internet watchdog said the hotelier had "seriously violated national laws and hurt the feelings of the Chinese people" by naming a number of regions, including Hong Kong and Taiwan, as separate countries.
Stuff.co.nz describes how this extreme reaction prompted New Zealand Trade Enterprise to check New Zealand businesses operating globally for the wording they used on their own websites.
In a statement, Zespri spokeswoman Rachel Lynch said the company reviewed the 'select your region' part of the website earlier this year to "align with the websites of other large New Zealand companies and feedback from New Zealand government officials".
Both Zespri and NZTE both avoided media questions about any political or business risks; Zespri now lists Hong Kong and Taiwan as regions.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 China: 6600 square meter plant factory constructed in Chongqing
- 09/21/2018 Colombian woman arrested for coordinating shipments of cocaine hidden in fruit
- 09/21/2018 Map of Africa based on population
- 09/21/2018 United Fresh appoints McDonald’s supply chain leader to Board of Directors
- 09/21/2018 Currency crisis unfolding – Will it catch up to the US?
- 09/21/2018 WTO members demand more clarity on US farm spending
- 09/21/2018 League of Legends’ latest mascot is a giant, talking cabbage roll
- 09/21/2018 Measure taken to keep South Australia fruit fly free
- 09/21/2018 Fresh processor introduces retail packaging featuring TV show branding for preschoolers
- 09/20/2018 US: Agri losses from Florence will be extensive
- 09/20/2018 'South Africa intent on expanding fresh exports to Russia'
- 09/20/2018 Chinese fruit, vegetable, and flower production annually increases
- 09/20/2018 China hits back at Trump: Tariffs on $60 billion of US goods
- 09/20/2018 South African berry and citrus farms introduce comic contracts
- 09/19/2018 New Zealand fears for world trade in wake of Trump's tariffs
- 09/19/2018 US-China trade war offers chances to Malaysian exporters
- 09/19/2018 ‘Afghanistan to export goods via Lapis Lazuli trade route in the near future’
- 09/19/2018 Sri Lanka rupee hits record low of 166.00 per US dollar
- 09/19/2018 ‘Agri renaissance possible for Western Cape’
- 09/19/2018 Some 35 place names in Iceland