- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Zespri accused of 'violating Chinese law'
Last January, the Marriott International hotel chain had to apologise and condemn "separatists" in China after the Beijing government shut down its website over wording, which suggested some Chinese regions were separate countries.
At the time China's internet watchdog said the hotelier had "seriously violated national laws and hurt the feelings of the Chinese people" by naming a number of regions, including Hong Kong and Taiwan, as separate countries.
Stuff.co.nz describes how this extreme reaction prompted New Zealand Trade Enterprise to check New Zealand businesses operating globally for the wording they used on their own websites.
In a statement, Zespri spokeswoman Rachel Lynch said the company reviewed the 'select your region' part of the website earlier this year to "align with the websites of other large New Zealand companies and feedback from New Zealand government officials".
Both Zespri and NZTE both avoided media questions about any political or business risks; Zespri now lists Hong Kong and Taiwan as regions.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-12 Spain: Plants with greater resistance to drought and no impact on growth
- 2018-11-12 Senegal: JICA supports small producers
- 2018-11-12 China: Farmers market for the brave
- 2018-11-12 US: Fruit fly findings lead to extra precautions at LA-Long Beach port complex
- 2018-11-12 Africa agribusiness, a US$1 trillion business by 2030
- 2018-11-09 World population density
- 2018-11-09 India: Traders sell vegetables stuffed with firecrackers
- 2018-11-09 Dutch-Dominican skater slices tomatoes with skate blade
- 2018-11-09 Costa Rica: Two people arrested for trafficking drugs in pineapples
- 2018-11-09 Talking taters at Fairfax School salad bar celebration
- 2018-11-09 UF/IFAS experts predict more food traceability & grocery delivery in 2019
- 2018-11-09 A country portrait of India
- 2018-11-08 US honeybees at risk from Zika pesticides
- 2018-11-08 Zimbabwe: ZimParks to evict 223 banana growers
- 2018-11-08 Record crowd at 50th FPAA Nogales Produce Convention
- 2018-11-08 Canadian produce industry hosts meetings with Parliamentarians
- 2018-11-08 Northern Ireland: Former Balmoral Fruit Market on sale for £8.5 mln
- 2018-11-08 JD eclipsed by Alibaba import commitments
- 2018-11-08 Netherlands and EU population growth: Mainly due to migration
- 2018-11-07 Strange trend - watching people eating crunchy vegetables