Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
British pupils combating 'avocado hand'Brighton College pupils aged between 13 and 14 are coming to the rescue of clumsy or unlucky middle-class people all over the world. The proud Brits have devised the Avogo - a gadget which slices open and de-stones avocados.
According to an article on dailymail.co.uk, doctors called for safety warnings on the fruit last year when injuries were reported to be on the rise. Now these schoolchildren have invented a solution to the dreaded 'avocado hand' - the term for knife injuries inflicted after incorrectly chopping the trendy green fruit.
Pupils Pietro Pignatti Morano Campori, Seth Rickard, Felix Winstanley, Shiven Patel, all 14, and Matias Paz Linares, 13, believe they have found an answer to this epidemic.
Encouraged by their design and technology teacher Sarah Awbery, they worked on a prototype cast from pewter and soon realised they had hit on a winning idea when Shiven's parents started using it at home.
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: