Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
German supermarket closed after snake bites woman in fruit aisleLast week, an elderly woman went shopping for her weekly groceries in Tiefenort, in the German state of Thuringia. While picking up an orange in the fruit aisle she felt a stinging pain on her stomach, according to the Thüringer Allgemeine newspaper.
At home, the 76 year old noticed a bite on her belly with two distinctive black marks. When the bite marks became inflamed, she went to her doctor, who confirmed her worst fears: a snake bite.
Thelocal.de tells us how the supermarket in the town of Tiefenort shut down as soon as the incident was reported. But the hunt for the dangerous reptile as yet is unsuccessful. A reptile expert called in to catch the creature said it was like "looking for a needle in a haystack."
The victim is reportedly recovering well.
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: