Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Vanguard Pride aligns with Sage Fruit
Vanguard International’s Pride Packing Company has joined Sage Fruit Company to enhance the marketing, sales and distribution of its fruit as part of Vanguard’s global growth and mission to supply fresh, quality-assured produce 365 days a year. The focus of Sage Fruit will concentrate on promoting Pride’s domestic Washington State apples, pears, cherries, apricots, peaches and nectarines.
“We are very happy to join Sage as an equity partner and to continue our working relationship with this industry leader to market and sell the fruit we grow and pack in Washington,” stated Craig Stauffer, Vanguard’s CEO. “We look forward to working closely with the Sage team and its members to deliver high quality, great tasting fruit to customers worldwide.”
Founded in 1999, Sage Fruit is a growing, marketing, and sales organization made up of four family businesses from Central Washington (Valley Fruit, Valicoff Fruit, Olympic Fruit and Larson Fruit). In 2015, Valley Fruit and Larson Fruit combined their packing operations and formed Legacy Fruit Packers (Wapato) with a state of the art packing, storage, and shipping facility. Each of its vertically integrated members is continuously adding acreage to their well-established farms, while also replanting current acreage with high-density, new-variety trees.
“We are excited by the addition of Vanguard Pride to the Sage Fruit Family,” stated Steve Clement, General Manager of Sage Fruit Company. “The addition of such a high quality growing and packing operation to Sage is an important step in our overall growth strategy and will enhance our ability to supply our customers with the best tasting, highest quality tree fruit Washington State has to offer.”
Vanguard Pride is a vertically-integrated 3,000-acre farming operation complete with its own packing and cold storage facilities and is one of Washington’s leading fruit producers. Further development of Vanguard Pride will continue to focus on planting additional acreage of complementary products that provide a unique taste experience and superior quality.
“We’re extremely proud of the success and development that has been created at Vanguard Pride and we look forward to further expanding our growth with the Sage marketing and sales organization,” says Brett Calhoun, General Manager and Vice President of Washington Farming Operations, Vanguard Pride Packing Co.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (705) 606-0184
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: