Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Produce association announces partnership with food industry buyer
NAPAR Chairman Matthew D’Arrigo, of D’Arrigo Bros. Co. of New York, announced the creation of a partnership between NAPAR and Topco Associates, LLC, the largest food industry buying cooperative in the United States. The partnership allows NAPAR members to purchase not-for-resale supplies through Topco’s “Indirect Spend” program, which utilizes the collective buying power of Topco’s food industry wholesale and retail members. This collective buying power will produce significant savings for NAPAR’s members.
“This is a great opportunity for NAPAR’s produce wholesaler-receiver members,” D’Arrigo said. “For those who participate, Topco’s collective buying power will provide NAPAR members with significant savings on everything they use to run their businesses, from forklifts and jacks to shrink wrap and corrugated, and from trucks and tires to refrigeration equipment,” he continued. “This partnership will push more to their bottom lines and make them more competitive,” he concluded.
NAPAR says their members will save by participating in national contracts that have been negotiated by Topco for its members. In many cases they will purchase the same brand names from the same suppliers at substantial savings, according to the company. “Topco will make NAPAR members more competitive and more successful,” D’Arrigo said.
NAPAR is the only national produce association dedicated exclusively to produce wholesalers and receivers. With NAPAR, produce wholesalers and receivers come first, and this partnership with Topco will create a new, exclusive service for its members.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (202) 580 8012
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: