Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Produce association announces partnership with food industry buyer
NAPAR Chairman Matthew D’Arrigo, of D’Arrigo Bros. Co. of New York, announced the creation of a partnership between NAPAR and Topco Associates, LLC, the largest food industry buying cooperative in the United States. The partnership allows NAPAR members to purchase not-for-resale supplies through Topco’s “Indirect Spend” program, which utilizes the collective buying power of Topco’s food industry wholesale and retail members. This collective buying power will produce significant savings for NAPAR’s members.
“This is a great opportunity for NAPAR’s produce wholesaler-receiver members,” D’Arrigo said. “For those who participate, Topco’s collective buying power will provide NAPAR members with significant savings on everything they use to run their businesses, from forklifts and jacks to shrink wrap and corrugated, and from trucks and tires to refrigeration equipment,” he continued. “This partnership will push more to their bottom lines and make them more competitive,” he concluded.
NAPAR says their members will save by participating in national contracts that have been negotiated by Topco for its members. In many cases they will purchase the same brand names from the same suppliers at substantial savings, according to the company. “Topco will make NAPAR members more competitive and more successful,” D’Arrigo said.
NAPAR is the only national produce association dedicated exclusively to produce wholesalers and receivers. With NAPAR, produce wholesalers and receivers come first, and this partnership with Topco will create a new, exclusive service for its members.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (202) 580 8012
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: