Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia seizes more than 5 tons of cocaine hidden in boxes of plantain
Colombia's National Navy seized more than five tons of cocaine on March 6 in the region of Uraba, Antioquia, near the border with Panama.
According to Colombia's Ministry of Defense, which confirmed the news, the drug belonged to the Gulf Clan, the country's main organized crime gang.
Victoria Eugenia Ramirez, Secretary of Government of Antioquia, said the drug, which was going to be shipped to Europe, had been found in a collection center inside some boxes of plantains.
She also stated that drug was valued at 314 million dollars in the European illegal market.
Authorities also seized a ton of cocaine in the municipality of Tumaco, in the southwestern department of Nariño, bordering Ecuador.
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: