Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Shenzhen Port seizes Shizuoka Crown melons
The Shizuoka Crown melon from Japan is a very expensive variety. In its homeland it is also known as the "Melon King" but recently, Shenzhen Wenjindu Customs Service seized 270 kilograms of smuggled Shizuoka Crown melons from Japan and 400 kilograms of yellow dragon fruits from Ecuador.
Shizuoka Crown melons from Japan
The Shizuoka Crown melon mostly grows in greenhouses. The heat from the hot springs is used for heating. Melons are soft, sweet and very expensive. They can only be found in the high-end supermarkets at a price of more than 500 yuan per one melon (which is usually about 1.5 kg).
Yellow dragon fruit
Yellow dragon fruit, also known as the unicorn fruit or a "bird's nest fruit", is very expensive, too. Its price is 10 times higher than the price of a normal dragon fruit. The average price of one yellow skin dragon fruit on the market is more than 60 yuan.
Source: Shenzhen News
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: