- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Nigeria: Vegetable farmers in Lagos vow to enlarge yields
- Ecuador: Researchers to study sustainability of the banana sector
- US: New research to boost Wisconsin’s cranberry production
- Chongming Island: First harvest of high-quality Jinsha oranges
- Filipino banana growers flourishing through better ties with China
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
South African agriculture grows 17.7% after droughts
The Agricultural Business Chamber (Agbiz) said the growth was as a result of strong output in sub-sectors, including field crops, livestock and horticulture. It said the country’s agricultural exports grew past the $10 billion mark for the first time, rising 15 percent year-on-year. The surge was boosted by growth in exports of -among others- fruits, beverages, spirits and vegetables.
According to an article on iol.co.za, this led to agricultural gross domestic product growth of 37.5 percent quarter-on-quarter in the fourth quarter of 2017, following 41.1 percent quarter-on-quarter growth in the third quarter.
This was against Agbiz expectations of a moderate growth pace at levels below 20 percent, but they warned, however, that the agricultural sector could slow in performance in 2018.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-19 Nigeria: Vegetable farmers in Lagos vow to enlarge yields
- 2018-11-19 Iranian imports overtake local produce in Iraqi city of Basra
- 2018-11-19 Spain: Murcian fruit and veg exports exceed 2.5 million tons
- 2018-11-19 Chile sets new record as export season to China comes to an end
- 2018-11-19 Indian Guwahati Airport starts direct clearance of air cargo
- 2018-11-19 Australia saves New Zealand from billion-dollar stink bug invasion
- 2018-11-16 “Kiwi fruit production is becoming more and more important for Greek growers”
- 2018-11-16 Russia: Unusual drop of fruit and veg prices in October
- 2018-11-16 Egyptian e-commerce platform raises $700,000 investments
- 2018-11-16 Half of Romanians choose to buy “Made in Romania” products
- 2018-11-16 Turkey: 2018 annual agricultural projections have been updated
- 2018-11-15 'Availability of tomatoes grew, prices frequently dropped'
- 2018-11-15 France: "There will be a shortage of ceps for Christmas"
- 2018-11-15 Lebanon's route to Gulf markets choked by politics
- 2018-11-15 ‘No quick resolution in view for US-China trade war’
- 2018-11-15 Saint Lucia ready to launch Import Substitution Programme
- 2018-11-14 Bolivia: Garlic and onion producers ask authorities to close border to smuggling
- 2018-11-14 Baden-Württemberg: Harvest year characterized by dry summer
- 2018-11-14 China signs fresh produce MoU with Caribbean region
- 2018-11-14 "Difficult market for last strawberries of the year"