- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
CRISPR gene-edited foods
Soon, in a grocery store near you
Geneticliteracyproject.org names these three genetic advancements:
Anti-browning mushrooms: Scientists from Penn State University used CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing to disable an enzyme that causes white mushrooms to brown, thereby extending their shelf-life. The mushroom has been cleared by the USDA for commercial cultivation.
Disease-resistant citrus: Scientists hope CRISPR-Cas9 technology may provide a solution to the “citrus greening” disease that is decimating Florida orange groves. By editing the genome of the trees they hope to make them more resistant to the pathogen that causes the disease.
Fungus-resistant bananas: The global banana crop is currently under threat from a widespread fungal disease. Australian scientists already have succeeded in introducing resistance via transgenic modification. Now, they hope to use CRISPR-Cas9 techniques to produce disease-resistant bananas without introducing any foreign DNA.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-14 Zero Residual: actions and benefits
- 2018-11-14 Iceland and Unilever team-up: Marmite Brussels Sprouts
- 2018-11-13 Dutch and Swedish retailers tackle food waste in Europe
- 2018-11-12 Scuba company grows produce in world's first underwater farm
- 2018-11-09 An innovative drip irrigation system by Irritec
- 2018-11-09 DogBot an affordable solution to labour deficit?
- 2018-11-08 "Longevity due to high tear resistance, UV stability and weather resistance"
- 2018-11-06 South Korea: E-mart & LG Electronics develop retail service robots
- 2018-11-06 Italy: The Asian bug's nemesis has been found
- 2018-11-06 Harvesting vegetables like in a computer game
- 2018-11-05 Sorbos edible straws coming to Costa Rica
- 2018-11-02 Convenience foods fueling demand for non-browning technology
- 2018-11-01 ''New canopy solution enables management with wide spraying machines''
- 2018-10-31 Laser tech may be key to healing Citrus Greening-affected trees
- 2018-10-31 European Court ruling on CRISPR-Cas has major consequences
- 2018-10-31 Online tool designed to increase profitability launched
- 2018-10-29 New Zealand: Alternative fruit sticker wins top accolade
- 2018-10-26 EDEKA starts practical tests of Mercedes-Benz eActros
- 2018-10-26 Southeast Asian tech start-ups are looking to China, not Silicon Valley
- 2018-10-24 Cashier-less shopping comes to New Zealand