Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Excellent movement of agriculture goods
India: Truck rentals up 9 percentTruck rentals on the trunk routes saw an increase of 9% in January and February 2018 on the back of a massive diversion of trucks towards infrastructure projects, increases in diesel price, an uptick in manufacturing activity and stronger movement of various agri products across the country.
According to financialexpress.com, the Indian Foundation of Transport Research and Training pointed out that part of the increase in rentals has been due to an increase in diesel prices over the last few weeks. In addition to this, domestic tyre manufacturers jacked up truck tyre prices, capitalising on the increase in import duty on tyres imported from China.
This foundation also stated that the unprecedented discounts (ranging between 12% and 20%) offered by truck dealers, coupled with improved business activities, had created demand for high tonnage capacity trucks.
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: