- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Tim Elcombe, New Chairman for British Onions
Tim started at Bedfordshire Growers in 2002 where he has held various roles in the technical and commercial departments. He currently heads up the onion operation and overseas all commercial and operational activities.
He thanked the outgoing Chairman, Andrew Holding of Produce World, for his contribution to the Association over the last two years, which included organising two successful Onion & Carrot Conferences.
In his closing Chairman’s Report Andrew Holding reported that the Association continues to be held in high regard by many around the world. He said: “Our members continue to play a significant role in the wider European industry as confirmed at the European Onion Association (Euronion) meeting held in Germany, and at the international Onion & Carrot Conference held in Nottingham in November 2017.
“The last year has continued to be one of change for our industry, as retailers fight for market share, with fresh produce used as a loss leader in many cases. The discounters continue to grow year-on-year and other retailers continue to reassess their supply models in order to compete in this ever-changing market.”
New activities for the Association in 2018 will be a Study Tour to Denmark in June; an extended Onion Variety Day in November; and a literature search on the health benefits of onions to be used in a potential new PR campaign.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 ‘All preconditions for potatoes export to EU market fulfilled’
- 09/21/2018 Potato prices soar in Spain
- 09/21/2018 TAAT sweet potato compact launched in Accra
- 09/21/2018 US Market and Crop update onions
- 09/20/2018 US potatoes - 2017 Summary
- 09/20/2018 "Potato markets supported by confirmation of low yields throughout Western Europe"
- 09/19/2018 US: Truck with no brakes spills onions near Paterson
- 09/19/2018 Uganda: Sweet potato porridge hits supermarket shelves
- 09/18/2018 Market and Crop Update for September 13, 2018
- 09/18/2018 International potato sales highest ever for the United States
- 09/18/2018 France: "Surfaces planted with traditional shallots in decline"
- 09/17/2018 Potato Europe 2018: Focus on seeds, machinery and storage technology
- 09/17/2018 Turkey: Potato harvest kicks off harvest in Bolu
- 09/17/2018 "France and Belgium are positioning themselves on dual-use varieties"
- 09/17/2018 India: Nafed to begin disposal of 13k tons of buffer onion stock
- 09/14/2018 Turkey: High productivity for potato harvest in Bitlis
- 09/14/2018 Turkey: Onion harvest has started in Bandirma
- 09/14/2018 Germany faces potato shortage after record hot, dry summer
- 09/14/2018 "Calmer atmosphere on the Dutch markets"
- 09/14/2018 "Luckily we made some headway with bale prices"