Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk US East Coast mishap
Update: container with sulfuric acid somewhere off North Carolina coastSomewhere off North Carolina’s Outer Banks, a shipping container filled with nearly 3 tons of sulfuric acid is floating about. Last Sunday, US Coast Guard officials warned mariners that up to 73 cargo containers fell off a ship Saturday night, about 17 miles off Oregon Inlet, North Carolina.
The cargo ship Maersk Shanghai lost the cargo containers due to high winds and heavy seas. It wasn’t immediately clear what was in the containers, but authorities are now warning one of them held 3 tons of the acid in sealed drums. The environmental danger is minimal because the solution dissolves in
According to charlotteobserver.com, at least four containers were spotted by air crews, some 20 kms offshore.
Company spokeswoman Katherine Mosquera says the Liberia-flagged ship anchored in Charleston, South Carolina, where officials were assessing the situation.
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: