Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Five main challenges for the Spanish agro-food sectorAgrifood project accelerator Orizont names some of the challenges facing the Spanish agro sector. It also points out that only three percent of entrepreneurs get involved in new agro-food projects.
In an article on agroberichtenbuitenland.nl, the five most common barriers of the Spanish agro-food sectors are listed:
1. Lack of innovation. One of the main reasons for the absence of new technologies or riskier projects is the advanced age of the Spanish farmers, who according to Eurostat surpass the European average age. More than 33% of the Spanish farmers are over 65 and only 3.7% are below 35.
2. The technological gap. The agro-food sectors have to reach the rest of the economic sectors regarding the tech field.
3. Millennials' demands. This generation shows new trends in consumption, so lengthening the shelf life of products, reducing their price, offering more varieties or more sustainable packaging are some of the keys to adapt the sector to these new demands. In addition, consumers are showing increasing interest in superfoods.
4. Financing difficulty. This sector is made up of a large number of SMEs which point out the lack of economic support to start up their innovative projects.
5. The traditional way of shopping is in danger of extinction. The number of intermediaries keeps growing and online commerce has only strengthened this fact.
Publication date: 3/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: