Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Van Kempen Koudetechniek supplies ammonia-based cooling systems
Nedcool expands cold storage by 30,000m3On 14 February 2018, Nedcool signed off on the start of construction for a cold storage facility to be undertaken by Van Kempen Koudetechniek. It is for a high-performance ammonia-based facility for the long term, high-quality storage of pears." This facility uses natural coolants. This not only saves energy and money; it is also good for the environment. Most importantly, it delivers great storage results", says Gian Piel of Nedcool.
Gian Piels of Nedcool and Frank Boeijen of Van Kempen Koudetechniek
Thanks to 25 years of experience in the cold storage of all kinds of products, Nedcool is a specialist for in determining the correct storage requirements. In addition, they incorporate the finding of scientific research, in particular, that of Wageningen UR Food and Biobased Research. "I chose Van Kempen Koudetechniek because of their experience and familiarity with the product; especially their years of knowledge in the area of long term storage of pears. It was the combination of product, expertise and installation knowledge that made the difference", according to Gian.
Nedcool already has a 20 000m3 storage facility. This expansion adds another 30,000m3 to this. The ambitious project is expected to be completed in mid-August. Frank Boeijen of Van Kempen Koudetechniek is delighted with Nedcool's decision "Nedcool is not only concerned with quantity but especially with quality. Their goal is to be the best cold storage facility in the Netherlands through continuous quality assurance.
"Nedcool specialises in the long term storage of pears. These can be stored year-round without losing quality. This is thanks to a good combination of knowledge and cold storage. Plants, (fruit) trees, imported fruit, and potatoes can also be stored in cooling cells. Nedcool has a varied client base; from the local fruit grower to the big player on the market. We are looking forward to a pleasant collaboration and a beautiful project which will result in superior storage results!"
Publication date: 3/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: