Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The United States imported 18% more Peruvian yacon in 2017
The United States is the most important market for Peruvian yacon. Last year, US imports of yacon amounted to 1,533,000 dollars, i.e. 18% more than was purchased in 2016, according to the Exporters Association (Adex).
In addition, total exports of Peruvian yacon in 2017 increased by 22% over 2016.
This Peruvian product has positioned itself thanks to the growing international demand for its functional and healthy ingredients. It has low calories, it's a natural probiotic, and it is also ideal for diabetics, as it contains inulin.
Adex also noted that Peru exports this product to a total of 35 markets and that the United States concentrated 80% of yacon shipments.
The other main buyers of yacon are Germany (104,092 dollars), the United Kingdom (100,202 dollars), the Netherlands (34,077 dollars), Australia, Belgium, Japan, and Austria.
Peru exports yacon in several presentations, including flour, syrup, juice, concentrate, extracts, fresh, and organic yacon.
They also export yacon to sweeten grounded cacao and cacao nibs.
Publication date: 3/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: