Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
US mushroom grower partners with social media influencer
Monterey Mushrooms is partnering with Shannon Garcia, a pediatric dietitian, food blogger and social media influencer, to launch its product Let’s Blend in San Antonio.
Let’s Blend are finely diced mushrooms ready to blend with ground meat. Available in 8-ounce packages and three pre-seasoned flavors: Classic, Mexican and Italian, Let’s Blend allows home cooks to achieve the blended concept recipes that are served in restaurants nationwide, said Lindsey Roberts, company marketing manager.
This is the first partnership of its type for Monterey Mushrooms; the company decided to work with this particular dietitian and social media influencer because of her ability to educate people about healthy eating in a fun, approachable way.
“People want to eat better without giving up flavor and texture, but not everyone is comfortable in the kitchen,” Roberts said. “Shannon uses multiple platforms to reach shoppers in an important market for us.”
Garcia’s blog, KISS in the Kitchen, features simple recipes and tips for healthy living.
Monterey Mushrooms’ partnership with Garcia includes a Facebook Live episode created and executed in TV segment format that will contain a Let’s Blend recipe demo. She will also take over the Monterey Mushroom Instagram account for a day to share nutrition tips, recipes and ideas on how to incorporate more mushrooms into a daily diet, as well as tips on how to use Let’s Blend.
In March, Garcia will use Let’s Blend during a cooking segment on Great Day SA airing on the local CSB television station.
“We are looking forward to measuring the lift these activities will have on sales and learning from the experience about how we can best roll out to other markets,” Roberts said.
Interested parties can tune on March 8 at 9 am CT to KENS channel 5 for the Great Day SA live segment. On March 9, Garcia will do a Facebook Live segment from 10 am to-noon CT and an Instagram takeover of the Monterey handle throughout the day.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (831) 274-5500
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: