- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Bonduelle Fresh Americas sends 10,000 salads to help Hurricane Florence victims
- Technical Brexit agreement on 15 November at the latest
- New ad campaign focuses on health benefits of grapes
- Pakistan: Strict customs hinder trade between Waziristan and Afghanistan
- Spain: Cobella expects to harvest 150 tons of pomegranates in first commercial season
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
UK fruit farmer granted Freedom of the City of London
Last week he travelled to London to receive the honorary freedom of the city and is due to become a Liveryman of the company in June. Mr Snell said it was a great honour and added: "I like it because I can represent Herefordshire and the Midlands and promote the fruit industry and Herefordshire.
"In Herefordshire we produce 50 percent of all horticultural produce from the whole of the West Midlands. The county is a very important part in the production of fruit and veg."
Herefordtimes.com tells us how Mr Snell farms about 450 acres in partnership with his wife Christine. Their crops include strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and blackcurrants for supermarket retail, frozen individually quick-frozen retail and processing.
The farm produces more than 1,000 tonnes of strawberries, 300 tonnes of raspberries, and 800 tonnes of blackcurrants, with packing, freezing and processing facilities on site in the centre of production.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/25/2018 New internship toolkit available from Center for Growing Talent
- 09/25/2018 'Fruit wants to start ripening only when the time is right'
- 09/25/2018 Aldi shoppers indignant after live frog found in salad again
- 09/25/2018 Tariffs in China take toll on local produce exporter
- 09/25/2018 Australia: Sunraysia growers rank ‘surveillance’ as Q-Fly priority
- 09/25/2018 Scuba diver fails to eat banana
- 09/25/2018 The scientific community awarded Prof Guglielmo Costa
- 09/25/2018 Bonduelle Fresh Americas sends 10,000 salads to help Hurricane Florence victims
- 09/24/2018 What grocery shopping looks like in 10 places around the world
- 09/24/2018 “Our cutting plant can fill in mise-en-place role well”
- 09/24/2018 Parasitic wasp to help reduce pests in Oman's pomegranates
- 09/24/2018 Asda's avocado Christmas themes
- 09/24/2018 South Africa: Export crops highlighted in economic stimulus package
- 09/21/2018 China: 6600 square meter plant factory constructed in Chongqing
- 09/21/2018 Colombian woman arrested for coordinating shipments of cocaine hidden in fruit
- 09/21/2018 Map of Africa based on population
- 09/21/2018 United Fresh appoints McDonald’s supply chain leader to Board of Directors
- 09/21/2018 Currency crisis unfolding – Will it catch up to the US?
- 09/21/2018 WTO members demand more clarity on US farm spending
- 09/21/2018 League of Legends’ latest mascot is a giant, talking cabbage roll