Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: 2017 avocado exports totalled $580 millionPeru exported 247,000 tons of avocados worth $580 million in 2017, positioning itself as the world's second-largest supplier of this fruit. According to the Agriculture and Irrigation Ministry, shipments of this Peruvian product —mainly Hass avocados— grew in volume (27%) and value (46%) compared to 2016.
The main destinations for this fruit were the Netherlands, the United States, Spain, England, China, and Chile; together, they received 95% of the country's total exported value. Additionally, national production of avocados exceeded 470,000 tons in 2017, a 3.4% increase compared to 2016.
According to an article by andina.com, the Ministry highlighted the good dynamism witnessed in the production of the southern (+15%) and northern (+12%) zones.
The regions which managed to increase their output levels the most in 2017 -despite Coastal El Niño phenomenon impacts- were Ayacucho (+49%), Arequipa (+26%), Lambayeque (+20%), La Libertad (+11%), and Junin (+7%).
It must be noted avocado is currently the third most important agro export product of Peru, behind coffee and grapes. The country was regarded as the world's second-largest avocado exporter, in volume, only surpassed by Mexico.
Publication date: 3/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: