Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam, Ben Tre province: Pomelo earns geographical indicationThe green-skin pomelo, a speciality crop of the province of Ben Tre -in the Mekong Delta-, has been granted a geographical indication (GI) certificate by the National Office of Intellectual Property.
Lam Van Tan, Director of the provincial Department of Science and Technology, stated that the GI is applied to pomelo grown in islets in the districts of Chau Thanh, Binh Dai, Mo Cay Bac, Mo Cay Nam, Cho Lach and Ben Tre city.
The pomelo, which earned the name as its skin remains green even when it is ripe, is much sought after on the market due to its great taste. The fruit has a thin skin, few seeds and a pinkish flesh.
An article by https://en.vietnamplus.vn/ben-tres-pomelo-earns-geographical-indication/127387.vnp has the provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Development giving Ben Tre cultivation numbers of some 6,500 hectares of green skin pomelo, producing almost 100,000 tonnes a year. This geographical indication is expected to help Ben Tre expand the market for the pomelo and raise income for local farmers.
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: