- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Northern European apple growers looking to Barnsby apple
- USApple kicks off 2018-19 Apples 4Ed school grant program
- “More and more demand for prickly pears, but year-round supply is the biggest challenge”
- South Africa's leading supermarket rewards recyclable bag reuse
- The current auction structure will remain viable in the future
Top 5 -last week
Vietnam, Ben Tre province: Pomelo earns geographical indication
Lam Van Tan, Director of the provincial Department of Science and Technology, stated that the GI is applied to pomelo grown in islets in the districts of Chau Thanh, Binh Dai, Mo Cay Bac, Mo Cay Nam, Cho Lach and Ben Tre city.
The pomelo, which earned the name as its skin remains green even when it is ripe, is much sought after on the market due to its great taste. The fruit has a thin skin, few seeds and a pinkish flesh.
An article by https://en.vietnamplus.vn/ben-tres-pomelo-earns-geographical-indication/127387.vnp has the provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Development giving Ben Tre cultivation numbers of some 6,500 hectares of green skin pomelo, producing almost 100,000 tonnes a year. This geographical indication is expected to help Ben Tre expand the market for the pomelo and raise income for local farmers.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Wilmington port welcomes first Moroccan citrus in US of the season
- 2018-11-16 China: Hainan "Qiongzhong green oranges" are ripe and entering the market
- 2018-11-16 Nepal: Orange harvest in eastern Hills up 50 percent
- 2018-11-15 "We are not one of those early starters"
- 2018-11-15 Orange imports increase as domestic juice supply remains squeezed
- 2018-11-15 “New citrus markets hard to find”
- 2018-11-15 Spain: "The delay of Huelva's mandarins causes production overlap"
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Citrus fruits allegedly being sold again at open prices
- 2018-11-15 Sharp increase of Georgian mandarin exports
- 2018-11-14 Spain: Processors start buying oranges at very low prices
- 2018-11-13 Crisis officially over but Greeks hardly notice it
- 2018-11-13 US: Florida orange production down 3 per cent from October forecast
- 2018-11-13 Spain: "Citrus volume from South Africa will start falling sharply soon"
- 2018-11-13 Spain: Quality of Cordoba's citrus will be higher this campaign
- 2018-11-13 Taiwan: Market entry of Taidong Navel orange delayed
- 2018-11-12 How to prevent the appearance of 'creasing' in Navel oranges
- 2018-11-12 "Good harvest of, somewhat smaller, Berkane Clementines"
- 2018-11-12 The Sicilian PGI Red Orange campaign has officially started
- 2018-11-12 China: Green oranges from Qiongzhong enter market in bulk
- 2018-11-12 Devaluation of Turkish lira puts pressure on citrus market