Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
‘South Korea is new market for Musang King durians’According to Datuk Ahmad Ishak, the director-general of the Malaysian Federal Agriculture Marketing Authority, South Korea has been identified as a new market for the ‘Musang King’ durian.
“We have sent a trial shipment there. This is to give the people there a taste of Malaysian durian. After this, we will follow up with marketing Malaysian durians there,” he told reporters.
Themalaymailonline.com quoted him as saying other new markets for the durians were Canada and Europe. So far, Malaysian durians have been marketed to several destinations including Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Australia, America and Indonesia.
“We are focusing on these markets which can help increase our output of durians. At the same time, we also have to promote our durians locally and we are looking at new ways of selling durians.”
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: