Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Manager of Vietnamese national team:
Park Hang-seo to promote Korean agricultural productsPark Hang-seo, a Korean football manager currently in charge of the Vietnamese national football team, will be promoting Korean agricultural products abroad. He was appointed by the Agriculture Ministry as a promotions ambassador for exports of agricultural products last week.
The former member of Guus Hiddink’s coaching staff at the 2002 World Cup (when Korea made it to the semi-finals) is a national hero in Vietnam after leading their to the final of the 2018 Asian Football Confederation U23 Championship in January.
Park is a highly creditable celebrity who can connect with all Vietnamese, regardless of age group or gender. He will promote export items such as ginseng and strawberries.
According to koreatimes.co.kr, Korea exported $375 million worth of agricultural produce to Vietnam in 2017, which makes it Korea’s fifth largest export market following Japan, China, the United States and the United Arab Emirates.
Among major export items are ginseng, pears, chicken, strawberries and grapes as well as processed foods.
The outlook for the market is bright as the economy is continuing to grow. The food and beverage consumer market is continuing double digit growth, and Korea’s agricultural exports to Vietnam in January this year were some $41 million, surging 49.9 percent from the previous year.
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: