Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Rise in avocado prices at origin
Avocados have placed the Axarquia, in Malaga, on the map. It is the only European region capable of producing them and they are also contributing to improving the financial results of agriculture in the Costa del Sol. Subtropical crops, including mangoes, have generated a turnover in exports of more than 300 million Euro, and prices at origin have actually stayed much higher than those of other fruits.
The latest analyses of the Government of Andalusia show that Malaga-based avocado producers have been in luck for a couple of weeks, receiving on average more than 3 Euro per kilo, or what is the same, 25% more than the income generated by this fruit in the latest Christmas holidays. There is also greater optimism, given the intensity of the rains recorded in the easternmost Costa del Sol, as producers had feared the impact of drought.
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: