Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Estonian ministry: emergency support for potato growersThe Estonian Ministry of Rural Affairs will release funds to support potato growers and vegetable growers who were unable to harvest part of their crops due to excessive rainfall last fall.
"Excessive rainfall in fall 2017 put many plant growers in a difficult economic situation," said Minister of Rural Affairs Tarmo Tamm in a press release on Monday.
"Therefore, this extraordinary measure is aimed at supporting Estonian potato growers and field-scale vegetable growers who were unable to harvest part or all of their crops as a result of excessive precipitation last fall."
Eligible for this support will be potato growers and field-scale vegetable growers who in 2017 applied for single area payment or direct support for fruit and vegetable farming and whose application was granted. The size of the area not harvested must equal at least 0.3 hectares; in calculating area, fields of at least 0.01 hectares in size will be taken into account.
News.err.ee reports that the agricultural registers and the Estonian Agricultural Registers and Information Board will accept applications from March 19-23.
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: