Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian state of Haryana offers price guarantee to vegetable farmersThe Haryana government is offering a guarantee to farmers cultivating potato, onion, tomato and cauliflower so that they will not incur any losses, said governor, Kaptan Singh Solanki, on Monday.
At the Budget Session opening day of the Haryana Assembly in Chandigarh, Solanki said that the state government has offered to provide ‘protected prices’ for these vegetables, fixed equivalent to the cultivation cost.
“Whenever the prices fall below the input or cultivation costs of the farmer, the state government will compensate the farmer for the price deficit,” he said in his speech.
Thestatesman.com further quoted the governor as saying: “The government will soon set up institutions to undertake all possible measures to make agriculture remunerative and enhance agricultural productivity to mitigate the physical, financial, and psychological distress of farm households and landless workers.”
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: