- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Taiwan officials take measures to boost vegetable trade
The city’s fruit and vegetable wholesale markets closed from February 16 to 20 for the Lunar New Year holiday and from February 24 to 26 for the nativity of the King of Heaven. When they reopened on the 27th, media reported vegetable stockpiles and collapsed prices.
Making matters worse, the markets again closed yesterday to reopen only tomorrow for the Lantern Festival, celebrated on the 15th day of the lunar year.
It is unprecedented that the city’s wholesale markets were closed for two three-day periods over such a short period, in addition to the Lunar New Year holiday, Chen said, adding that the decision was made by the Taipei Market Administration Office.
Taipeitimes.com reports on a surging demand for vegetables in Japan, following bad weather that has affected harvests, the agency has exported 1,100 tonnes of vegetables to that country. An additional 2,300 tonnes are to be exported at a later date.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/24/2018 Chile and Brazil sign memorandum of understanding on organic products
- 09/24/2018 "Too Good to Go"-boxes
- 09/24/2018 Germany: Supermarket chain Rewe to buy imperfect produce
- 09/24/2018 Rwanda's agricultural exports grow by 44%
- 09/24/2018 'Availability of apples expanded - range of goods continued to diversify'
- 09/24/2018 Turkey: Food exports to China doubled in past three years
- 09/21/2018 Vietnam regains "strength" in Chinese fruit and vegetable export
- 09/21/2018 Mexico’s fruit and vegetable exports
- 09/21/2018 Kern County, USA: The nation's leading agricultural county
- 09/21/2018 Vegetables arrive by air from Mindanao
- 09/21/2018 Many consumers 'grossed out' by GMOs
- 09/21/2018 China and Mongolia launch first cross-border "green channel"
- 09/20/2018 Fruit variety and convenience for your winter wine
- 09/20/2018 Dominican Republic opens commercial relations with China
- 09/19/2018 Danish producer saves 75 tons of 'ugly' tomatoes
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- 09/18/2018 Why the tomato was feared in Europe for more than 200 years
- 09/18/2018 India: Prices of imported goods up 8-12% due to falling rupee
- 09/17/2018 Turkey to grow tomatoes and tropical fruits in Sudan