- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
- Bolivia: Garlic and onion producers ask authorities to close border to smuggling
- Cameroon: Historic decline in banana exports
- Minister for Agriculture pays visit to new La Linea Verde facility in Serbia
- "Poland is a leader in conventional apples, so why not in organic apples?"
- New York apples in good shape despite wet harvest
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Price of Chilean cherry exports to China likely to rise in 2018-2019 season
- Kashmir Valley: Untimely snows inflict huge losses on apple and vegetable crops
- Spain: Extremadura studies introduction of cherry trees in Vegas del Guadiana
- SKG expands Southeast European footprint
- “IQF Freezing is the future of food preservation”
Taiwan officials take measures to boost vegetable trade
The city’s fruit and vegetable wholesale markets closed from February 16 to 20 for the Lunar New Year holiday and from February 24 to 26 for the nativity of the King of Heaven. When they reopened on the 27th, media reported vegetable stockpiles and collapsed prices.
Making matters worse, the markets again closed yesterday to reopen only tomorrow for the Lantern Festival, celebrated on the 15th day of the lunar year.
It is unprecedented that the city’s wholesale markets were closed for two three-day periods over such a short period, in addition to the Lunar New Year holiday, Chen said, adding that the decision was made by the Taipei Market Administration Office.
Taipeitimes.com reports on a surging demand for vegetables in Japan, following bad weather that has affected harvests, the agency has exported 1,100 tonnes of vegetables to that country. An additional 2,300 tonnes are to be exported at a later date.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-14 Bolivia: Garlic and onion producers ask authorities to close border to smuggling
- 2018-11-14 Baden-Württemberg: Harvest year characterized by dry summer
- 2018-11-14 China signs fresh produce MoU with Caribbean region
- 2018-11-14 "Difficult market for last strawberries of the year"
- 2018-11-14 Poland courting East Africa as trade partner
- 2018-11-14 Kenya horticulture export earnings growing
- 2018-11-14 Namibia food imports still sky-high
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Annual agricultural production projections for 2018 have been updated
- 2018-11-13 Pink Lady Day at Mazzoni Group
- 2018-11-12 ‘Kyrgyzstan cannot fully meet the needs of the domestic market’
- 2018-11-12 US researchers discover genes that define a vegetable’s shape
- 2018-11-09 Nepal: Imported fruits worth Rs7.58 billion in Q1
- 2018-11-09 Chile: Record fruit exports to China
- 2018-11-09 'Supply of pears falling somewhat, but demand could be met'
- 2018-11-08 Campaign for EU quality label “Europe, where quality is at home’
- 2018-11-08 Trinidad and Tobago: Vegetables doubling in price after flooding
- 2018-11-08 Peru: Fruit and vegetable exports increased by 21% up until September
- 2018-11-08 Japan: Fresh fruit imports 1.62 million tons in 2017
- 2018-11-07 Study shows growing number purchasing fresh produce items online
- 2018-11-07 Ghana launches agricultural product commodity exchange