Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Zambia bans imports of risky foodstuffs from South AfricaThe Zambian government has banned the import of foods from South Africa that are at risk from being contaminated with the Listeria bacteria. The products in question include processed meats, vegetables and other dairy products.
Minister of Health, Chitalu Chilufya made the announcement at a media briefing in Lusaka yesterday. According to znbc.co.zm, Chilufya said the owners of South African supermarkets -as well as other stores- have been directed to cooperate with the Ministry of Health to remove from the shelves the affected products.
This comes after reports that some processed meat products from South Africa have been contaminated with Listeria bacteria, which has affected over 900 people in that country.
The South African government has confirmed that an Enterprise Foods meat processing plant in the Limpopo region of South Africa is the source of Listeria bacteria.
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: