Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Investment firm backs MBO of Nottingham fruit and vegetable supplierInvestment firm Perwyn has announced a management buyout of Nottingham-based Freshcut Foods, which provides vegetables, fruits and carbohydrates to food manufacturers and food service operators in the UK.
The business, which is based in Beeston and employs some 250 workers, has been sold to Chief Executive officer David Bondi and the incumbent management team by owner
managers Adam Clarke and Peter Clee, with backing from Perwyn.
Freshcut Foods is a market leading provider of added value vegetables, fruits and carbohydrates to food manufacturers and food service operators in the UK.
Peter Clee and Adam Clarke say: “We have found Perwyn’s culture and values a natural fit with Freshcut. We are both delighted that the relationship has culminated in an investment support for the management team at Freshcut, endorsing an exciting future for the company.”
David Bondi sasaysd: “I am delighted that we will be working with Perwyn for the next phase of Freshcut’s development. We will continue to work with customers and suppliers in the same way as we always have, to the mutual benefit of all, including the growing number of Freshcut employees.”
Tim Hamilton, Corporate Partner at Pannone Corporate, which advised Perwyn, said: “The company’s commitment to customer service is unrivalled and this, together with an increasing demand from consumers for healthier foods and the investment by Perwyn, puts Freshcut Foods in an excellent position to fulfil its ambitious growth plans.”
The Pannone Corporate team included Tim Hamilton, Mark Winthorpe, Andrew Walsh and Katie Ward.
Heinz Holsten, Perwyn Partner, said: “We are delighted to be partnering with Freshcut as we help support the next chapter in its growth story. Freshcut is well placed to enable its customers to provide healthier products that consumers are increasingly seeking out.”
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: