Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Jazz apple pouch bags poised to drive sales in North America
Racking up a sales increase of over 10 percent in just the last year, high graphic two-pound Jazz apple pouch bags are delivering more convenience and crunch than ever before, according to suppliers.
And now through early spring, Jazz fans can have the opportunity of cash back and the chance to win prizes when they purchase the apples in store.
“A two-pound bag of Jazz apples could very well be the best value in the apple category right now,” said David Nelley, vice president of categories at Oppy, which markets the apples in North America in partnership with their brand owner, T&G Global.
“Sized just right for snacking, this premium apple is ideal for busy families expecting the superior quality, flavorful experience Jazz is known for,” he said. “And because they’re grown to a high standard of consistency, the apples hold their crunchy texture and refreshing, tangy-sweet flavor incredibly well through the season.”
For the next few weeks, shoppers can use the Ibotta app to receive cash back on purchases of Jazz apple bags of any size, and enter the PB&JAZZ Snacking Sweepstakes to win one of 10 customized Herschel Supply Co. backpacks filled with Jazz apples and a jar of peanut butter.
“Ibotta is a free shopping rebate app that can be used to earn cash back on select products by unlocking the rebate via simple actions, purchasing the product, then providing proof of purchase,” explained Brock Nemecek, regional marketing manager for T&G Global. “Our current nationwide offer gives retailers an added incentive to stock and promote bagged Jazz apples to motivate the more than 24 million Ibotta users.”
T&G Global has run previous Ibotta rebate programs for the apples in the past which they said not only accelerated sales but led to more than six million brand impressions and 200,000+ offers being unlocked on the app which is now the 16th most used mobile platform in the U.S.
“Ibotta users are actively seeking out ways to save on purchases of healthy items,” said Will Minter, account executive at Ibotta.
“Last year’s Jazz apple campaign was a shining example of how consumers can easily incorporate specific produce items into their shopping list. In less than three weeks the Jazz apple Ibotta campaign influenced over 31,000 purchases.”
For more information:
Tel: +1 (214) 980-3955
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: