Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Samoa can again export bananas to New ZealandFor the past two years, the Samoa Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries has been in discussions with the New Zealand Ministry of Primary Industries through its bilateral Quarantine Agreement meetings. Now there is finally an outcome that will see Samoa’s banana exports developing and growing again, although under strict New Zealand import bio security requirements.
So Samoa can officially begin exporting fresh banana and plantains to New Zealand again. The New Zealand Ministry of Primary Industries will conduct audit visits of both pathways and will work closely with the M.A.F. as part of the Bilateral Quarantine Agreement within one and a half years of trade commencement. A formal signing of the export plan will take place during the next bilateral meeting.
Sobserver.ws reported that Tilafono David Hunter of the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries had said he expected the number of banana growers to increase, given this market opportunity. His Ministry would work hard in these early stages of this bilateral trade, to ensure that the banana growers get all the support they need.
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: