- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- AU: Dozens find 'The Sweetest Job' on Northern Territory's mango farms
- United States: Citrus Research Board starts nationwide search for new president
- Walkers launches Brussels sprouts flavoured crisps
- Spain: Garlic market paralyzed due to oversupply from China
- China: Shandong Linyi vegetable prices have stabilized
Top 5 -last week
- Spain: Extremadura studies introduction of cherry trees in Vegas del Guadiana
- China: Apple production forecast to fall 25 percent to 31 million tons
- Cherry growers expect largest Australian crop ever
- Potato brand launched fourth quarter of yearlong campaign
- Hungary seeks EU support for production of kiwis and figs
Lower beet production forces Ukraine to import from other markets
"The need to start importing is because of decreased production after a beet growers suffered a bad season financial last year. Production areas decreased drastically this season, with the largest reduction we have seen in the last 5 years," explained Tatiana Getman from Info-Shuvar.
Imports from Poland commenced last week, and the first batches have now made their way to wholesalers and supermarket shelves this week, across the whole of Ukraine.
"Rumors about the possible start of beet imports began in the middle of February, when prices for products confidently went up. Just last week, the cost of production had reached its limit, giving importers the opportunity to make a profit on vegetables from other countries. Strong demand from Ukraine actually caused the beet prices to rise in Poland, while they actually dropped in Ukraine," shared Tatiana.
Up until this week, beet prices had increased by 60% in the previous two weeks. As of 5 March, Ukrainian beets were being sold at Shuvar market between 0,21-0,24. In comparison, Polish beets were selling the domestic market for 0,24-0,28 EUR / kg.
"Such significant changes in the prices of beets in Ukraine during the storage season are uncommon, they are considered the most stable in terms of prices in the "borsch collection" position. In the last 10 years, this situation was observed only in the season 2010/2011 and 2015/2016. This year, according to market operators, the price increase is due to a decrease in beet production due to unsatisfactory financial results of producers in the previous season. Even in the "shortage" seasons we imported quite a bit of beet - no more than 1.3 thousand tons. Deliveries mainly originated from Poland and Belarus."
For more information:
Tel: +38 (099) 763-02-32
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Russia: White cabbage prices up by an average of 20%
- 2018-11-16 High prices for cucumbers and aubergines
- 2018-11-16 Mexico wants to increase vegetable exports to China
- 2018-11-16 Mini cherry vine tomatoes at Penny in new Best Moments packaging
- 2018-11-16 Tomato suspension agreement between US Department of Commerce and Mexican tomato growers remains in effect
- 2018-11-15 Italy: Outlook for the courgette campaign
- 2018-11-15 Michigan grower welcomes average year for turnips
- 2018-11-15 “Difficult start to Breton cauliflower season”
- 2018-11-15 Italy: Sardinian spiny artichoke campaign has started
- 2018-11-15 Cuba will resume hot pepper exports
- 2018-11-15 Balanced potato and onion market, below average carrot harvest
- 2018-11-15 "Few consumers still grate horseradish themselves"
- 2018-11-14 “Prices of cucumbers and iceberg lettuce rising, minimum prices for green bell pepper”
- 2018-11-14 China: Winter stock of Chinese cabbage enters the market
- 2018-11-14 "Consumption of cauliflower is growing in France”
- 2018-11-14 Green beans gear up for Thanksgiving
- 2018-11-14 Spain: COAG proposes contracts to set fixed vegetable prices
- 2018-11-14 Spain: Almeria taking advantage of Morocco's lower zucchini production
- 2018-11-14 "Jade cherry tomatoes enter harvest season, sales volume is stable"
- 2018-11-14 Celery supplies good ahead of Thanksgiving rush