- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Taiwan’s Agriculture Minister promotes agricultural goods in Malaysia
During the first leg of the two-day trip, Lin and his delegation have paid several visits to local supermarkets such as Aeon at Mid Valley Megamall to find out the sales situation of Taiwan’s agricultural products.
Lin said the total value of trade between Taiwan and Malaysia in agricultural products in 2017 has reached US$205 million, a 5.44 percent increase from 2016, adding that Taiwan's exports to Malaysia also sees an 8.87% jump compared to the previous year and the export products mainly were processed grain foods, pastry, fish, shellfish.
Lin noted that Malaysia is an indispensable trading partner to Taiwan. In order to promote the New Southbound Policy, launched by the government of Taiwan in 2016 that focuses on strengthening ties with neighbors in South and Southeast Asia, the Council has assisted to set up the Taiwan's Mitagri Co. later in the year.
Besides the existing exports goods, as the end of January, the Taiwan's Mitagri Co. has exported 22 metric tons of the atemoya to Malaysia, according to the data compiled by the Council.
The exports of the atemoya (so called pineapple sugar apple) to Malaysia in 2018 is expected to reach 40 metric tons, adjusting the current trading situation that is overly concentrated in Chinese market.
Meanwhile, an agricultural research and extension in Taitung, eastern Taiwan, supervised by the Council has developed new shipping methods especially in food preservation and storage to ensure the quality of exported products.
Minister Lin addressed the issue of expanding its market share in the Halal market which has become a vital issue as the Muslim population now stands over 1.62 billion worldwide.
The Council said it is planning to organize delegations to participate in several halal events such as the 2018 Malaysia International Halal Showcase, which will run between Apr. 4 and Apr. 7 as well as the 2019 Fi Asia held in Thailand from Sept. 11 to Sept. 13, hoping to help seize more business opportunities in the halal market.
For more information:
Council of Agriculture
Department of International Affairs
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Vietnam regains "strength" in Chinese fruit and vegetable export
- 09/21/2018 Mexico’s fruit and vegetable exports
- 09/21/2018 Kern County, USA: The nation's leading agricultural county
- 09/21/2018 Vegetables arrive by air from Mindanao
- 09/21/2018 Many consumers 'grossed out' by GMOs
- 09/21/2018 China and Mongolia launch first cross-border "green channel"
- 09/20/2018 Fruit variety and convenience for your winter wine
- 09/20/2018 Dominican Republic opens commercial relations with China
- 09/19/2018 Danish producer saves 75 tons of 'ugly' tomatoes
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- 09/18/2018 Why the tomato was feared in Europe for more than 200 years
- 09/18/2018 India: Prices of imported goods up 8-12% due to falling rupee
- 09/17/2018 Turkey to grow tomatoes and tropical fruits in Sudan
- 09/17/2018 Philippines: Bukidnon farmers ready to sell vegetables to Manila markets
- 09/14/2018 Belgium: More fruit but fewer vegetables eaten in 2017
- 09/14/2018 UK: S&A Group Holdings fresh produce supplier grows profit
- 09/14/2018 January-July 2018: Agro-exports Peru totalled $3.275 billion
- 09/14/2018 Turkish exporters eye Far Eastern countries
- 09/13/2018 Spain: Rains have caused more good than harm in Valencia