Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Floating market in Willemstad comes to an endFor some people, it may be unimaginable, but it has really happened. The floating fruit market in the Punda district of Willemstad has closed. Last Saturday at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, the last boats left Curašao.
The Venezuelans can no longer get fruit and vegetables from their own country because of the border closure imposed by the Venzuelan President Maduro. According to the marketers, they do not receive any help from the authorities in Curašao either.
The fruit market on the quay in Punda has been around for 101 years. It was more than just a fruit & vegetable market; it was also a well-known tourist attraction.
According to curacaochronicle.com, the Curašao government is already debating what it will do with this area. There were several suggestions including the possibility to give locals the opportunity to sell their products there.
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: