Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Floating market in Willemstad comes to an endFor some people, it may be unimaginable, but it has really happened. The floating fruit market in the Punda district of Willemstad has closed. Last Saturday at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, the last boats left Curaçao.
The Venezuelans can no longer get fruit and vegetables from their own country because of the border closure imposed by the Venzuelan President Maduro. According to the marketers, they do not receive any help from the authorities in Curaçao either.
The fruit market on the quay in Punda has been around for 101 years. It was more than just a fruit & vegetable market; it was also a well-known tourist attraction.
According to curacaochronicle.com, the Curaçao government is already debating what it will do with this area. There were several suggestions including the possibility to give locals the opportunity to sell their products there.
Publication date: 3/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: