- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- "Spain: Eighth "Xylella fastidiosa" outbreak detected"
- Peru to increase trade with West Coast US
- Rosselkhoznadzor allowed imported champignons by three Belarus producers
- Combination of warm weather and holidays not great for fresh produce trade
- ‘Container overbooking causing delays for Brazilian exports’
Top 5 -last week
Digital platform shows seafreight service offerings
The platform is an extension of Kuehne + Nagel’s quote, book and track capabilities. It is based on business intelligence derived from different operational data: algorithms built from robust industry expertise are paired with big data and predictive analytics provided by Kuehne + Nagel’s data company LogIndex.
Within Sea Explorer, services are ranked by smart indicators, based on big data technology, including a dynamic reliability indicator (DRI), emission score, nominal carrying capacity insights and realistic transit times for every service.
Today about 75% of the vessels arrive on-time and volatile reliability in lead times is one of the biggest challenges customers face in managing their inventory levels adequately. Through Sea Explorer customers now have the possibility to access comparative insights on service specific elements.
Kuehne + Nagel is committed to the protection of the environment and the preservation of oceans and biodiversity. Therefore the carbon emission rating actively supports customers to reduce the carbon footprint within the supply chain.
Otto Schacht, Member of the Managing Board of Kuehne + Nagel International AG, responsible for Seafreight: “High levels of data transparency are of utmost importance in logistics. Through Sea Explorer our customers will be able to access the world largest portfolio of seafreight service offerings. Thus they can base their respective decisions not just on transit times parameters but also on sophisticated comparative data such as service reliability and emission rating. We strive to provide the maximum visibility, flexibility and information to our customers throughout the world. Sea Explorer is another important step in our digitalisation approach.”
Sea Explorer is an agile project with further enhancements to come based on close collaboration with customers.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 China: JD.com wants to ship fruit from all over the world to China in 48 hours
- 09/21/2018 UAE: Etihad refreshes freight network to concentrate on core trade lanes
- 09/20/2018 A.P. Moller - Maersk takes next steps in integration to improve customer experience
- 09/19/2018 "Major lack of space for logistics in the Rotterdam region"
- 09/19/2018 Maersk to change fuel adjustment surcharge ahead of the 2020 sulphur cap
- 09/19/2018 New buildings for Hoogsteder Group: First pile driven into the ground
- 09/18/2018 Will Amazon buy German supermarket chain Real?
- 09/18/2018 Turkish Cargo ships blackberries to Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh and Hong Kong
- 09/18/2018 Hurricane Florence: Ports of Wilmington and Morehead City remain closed
- 09/17/2018 Coast to coast railroad line across South America planned
- 09/14/2018 India: Coimbatore airport sends first perishable export shipment by bonded trucking
- 09/14/2018 Next round of tariffs may hit container shipping harder
- 09/14/2018 CMA CGM celebrates 40 years
- 09/13/2018 “Asia a growing sales market for fruit and vegetables”
- 09/13/2018 Should shippers pass on congestion costs?
- 09/12/2018 Haulage company Nagel-Group wants to raise prices significantly
- 09/10/2018 Fresh produce send via air freight becoming more popular
- 09/07/2018 “Westland will be completely full in a few years”
- 09/07/2018 MOOY Logistics Waddinxveen becomes Gartner Holland B.V.
- 09/07/2018 Delivery of 14,000-TEU containership “ONE AQUILA”