- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Slovakia: Growing popularity of domestic food leads to more fraud
- Mexico is the tenth biggest exporter of food in the world
- ‘Fruit & veg sales growth helps UK retail performance’
- US: Biggest-known cantaloupe sets world record
- New quality brand for Landgard makes sustainable products instantly recognisable
Top 5 -last week
- Gladstone Land acquires two orchards in California for $6.9 million
- AU: Odeum Farms helping to restore confidence in WA's strawberry industry
- Courchesne Larose celebrates 100th birthday in style
- New Zealand fears for world trade in wake of Trump's tariffs
- Turkey: Cherries generate Darbogaz village revenue of 2.5 million USD
Price Rite is rebranding area grocery stores to stay competitive
Publix: Q4 comparable store sales, earnings rise
Shipt, a leading online marketplace, announced that they will begin same-day delivery of an assortment of groceries and home essentials with three major retailers. Beginning March 15, 2018, Shipt will deliver from Target, Lidl, and Kroger stores to the Hampton Roads, VA metro area. On the same day, Shipt will expand their existing retail offerings in Richmond, VA by adding same-day delivery from Target.
US: Price Rite updating area grocery stores to stay competitive
Price Rite Marketplace is rebranding several of its Connecticut stores, including its locations in Bridgeport and Danbury, to make them easier to navigate and to better compete with other grocery chains. “We thought it was the perfect time to take what we do best and make it even better,” said Jim Dorey, who was promoted to president at the Keasbey, New Jersey-based chain.
Comps, earnings rise for Publix in Q4
Comparable store sales increased for Publix in the fourth quarter, while earnings received a windfall from the recent tax reform act. Publix’s sales for the fourth quarter of 2017, a 13-week period, were $8.9bln, a 2.1% decrease from last year’s $9.1bln, a 14-week period. Comparable store sales for the fourth quarter of 2017 increased 3.2%. Sales for the fiscal year were $34.6bln, a 1.6% increase from last year’s $34bln. Comparable store sales for 2017 increased 1.7%.
France: Auchan extends delivery option
Underlining the growing importance of delivery options in the country where Drive (click and collect) has historically dominated, Auchan has said it has added eight new cities where shoppers can have orders delivered. This means Auchan shoppers in 12 cities in France, which covers about one third of the population, can have orders delivered to them. Delivery costs between €5 to €15 and requires shoppers to spend a minimum of €50.
Germany: Aldi Süd's reusable packaging saves 60mln cardboard boxes
German discounter Aldi Süd said that its reusable packaging boxes have saved it 60mln cardboard boxes for transporting fruit and vegetables last year. Since the introduction of its reusable boxes in 2010, it has saved a total of over 380mln boxes of cardboard which would have been disposed as waste, according to Aldi Süd. A recent study by the Fraunhofer Institute for Environmental, Safety and Energy Technology UMSICHT confirmed the ecological benefits of Aldi employing reusable boxes. The study concluded that Aldi Süd and its fruit and veg suppliers were able to save more than 24,000 tonnes of CO2 equivalents and more over 30,000 tonnes of cardboard.
Carrefour launches food delivery app in Romania
French group Carrefour, one of the top retailers in Romania, has launched a food delivery app called Gurmandio. This is the first such app developed by a retailer in Romania, according to Carrefour. The app allows users to order food from the gastronomy department of Carrefour hypermarkets as well as from other local restaurants. Delivery is free of charge and users can pay cash, by credit card or with meal vouchers.
Interspar named Austria's top supermarket in customer satisfaction survey
Interspar has received the highest satisfaction rating among traditional supermarkets in Austria, according to a recent survey. A customer satisfaction evaluation by the Austrian Association for Consumer Studies (ÖGVS) rated almost 2,000 companies on a 10-point scale, with Interspar scoring the highest among traditional supermarkets, at 7.77 points. Including all categories, the retailer ranked at 76th place.
Lidl to expand in Belgium
Lidl has announced plans to invest €35mln to add three new stores in 2018 in the Brussels area. The stores, in Anderlecht, Molenbeek and Schaarbeek, are part of the retailer’s aim to open 10 new stores in the country and update a further 10 annually in the medium term.
Germany’s retail sales fall unexpectedly in January
Germany’s retail sales declined unexpectedly in January, figures from Destatis showed. Retail sales decreased 0.7% month-on-month in January, confounding expectations for an increase of 0.7%. Sales had fallen 1.1% in December. Sale of food, beverages and tobacco climbed 1% and that of non-food products advanced 3%.
Aldi appoints new UK & Ireland CEO
The discounter promotes Giles Hurley to the position of UK & Ireland chief executive, as Matthew Barnes is set to take up a new role for parent company Aldi Süd. Giles Hurley is set to replace Matthew Barnes as the discounter’s UK and Ireland chief executive on May 1st. Hurley has been with the retailer for nearly 20 years, having previously acted as trading director, group buying director and most recently joint managing director since 2015.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/24/2018 Musgrave agree to acquire upscale supermarket Donnybrook Fair
- 09/24/2018 Walmart: virtual reality training to all U.S. stores
- 09/21/2018 Carrefour Italy: blockchain technology
- 09/21/2018 Walmart Canada: sustainable grocery delivery launched
- 09/20/2018 Amazon Turkey launched
- 09/20/2018 Sobeys: Strong profit growth, sales show steady improvement
- 09/19/2018 Asda: F1-inspired Aerofoil tech in stores
- 09/19/2018 Kroger: leadership shuffle and consolidation of Roundy's and Mariano's divisions
- 09/18/2018 Meijer: for 2nd year in a row among Top 50 Most Engaged Workplaces
- 09/18/2018 Carrefour pilots supermarket without brands
- 09/17/2018 Kroger: same-store sales estimates missed and shares drop 11%
- 09/17/2018 Walmart's purchase of Latin American food delivery service Cornershop set to spur e-commerce
- 09/14/2018 Eroski: more sustainable product lines
- 09/14/2018 Walmart Canada collaborates with Instacart
- 09/13/2018 Morrisons LFL growth reaches 9 year high
- 09/13/2018 Walmart: new vending machine that retrieves groceries within seconds
- 09/12/2018 Tesco will unveil new discount chain, Jack's, next week
- 09/12/2018 Walmart doubles its spending in battle for truckers
- 09/11/2018 Jack Ma will hand over Alibaba to Daniel Zhang
- 09/11/2018 Hy-Vee plans to open 12 supermarkets in Twin Cities