- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Infrastructure the biggest concern as Hurricane Florence targets Carolinas
- Tour de Fresh brings 46 more salad bars to U.S. schools in its 5th year
- Asia Global Logistics advancing towards goal of 'global reefer expert'
- Obstacles for Chilean grapes in the international market
- “We were about to start flying in iceberg lettuce”
Grocery delivery firm Aussie Farmers Direct shuts down
'We are simply no longer able to compete'
According to thewest.com.au, the company confirmed the news to its more than 112,000 Facebook followers on Monday morning.
“We are sad to announce that Aussie Farmers Direct is closing today. After 13 years of working with many of Australia’s great farmers and delivering their fresh produce to Australian families, it is hugely disappointing that is has come to this. We are simply no longer able to compete against the domination of the major two supermarkets and the influx of cheap imported produce,” the post said.
Over time the company had expanded to NSW, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia and the Australian Capital Territory, and had been named the fastest growing franchise in Australia by Business Review Weekly.
But Aussie Farmers Direct struggled to compete with the major supermarkets and the promotion of low-cost imported products they sold.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Vietnam regains "strength" in Chinese fruit and vegetable export
- 09/21/2018 Mexico’s fruit and vegetable exports
- 09/21/2018 Kern County, USA: The nation's leading agricultural county
- 09/21/2018 Vegetables arrive by air from Mindanao
- 09/21/2018 Many consumers 'grossed out' by GMOs
- 09/21/2018 China and Mongolia launch first cross-border "green channel"
- 09/20/2018 Fruit variety and convenience for your winter wine
- 09/20/2018 Dominican Republic opens commercial relations with China
- 09/19/2018 Danish producer saves 75 tons of 'ugly' tomatoes
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- 09/18/2018 Why the tomato was feared in Europe for more than 200 years
- 09/18/2018 India: Prices of imported goods up 8-12% due to falling rupee
- 09/17/2018 Turkey to grow tomatoes and tropical fruits in Sudan
- 09/17/2018 Philippines: Bukidnon farmers ready to sell vegetables to Manila markets
- 09/14/2018 Belgium: More fruit but fewer vegetables eaten in 2017
- 09/14/2018 UK: S&A Group Holdings fresh produce supplier grows profit
- 09/14/2018 January-July 2018: Agro-exports Peru totalled $3.275 billion
- 09/14/2018 Turkish exporters eye Far Eastern countries
- 09/13/2018 Spain: Rains have caused more good than harm in Valencia