Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Grocery delivery firm Aussie Farmers Direct shuts down
'We are simply no longer able to compete'Food and grocery delivery service Aussie Farmers Direct has shut down. The reason given is that it cannot compete in a market dominated by the major supermarkets. Aussie Farmers, which began 13 years ago delivering milk to people’s homes before expanding to a full grocery range, will close immediately after going into voluntary administration on Monday. Some 100 franchisees and 260 employees will be hit by the closure.
According to thewest.com.au, the company confirmed the news to its more than 112,000 Facebook followers on Monday morning.
“We are sad to announce that Aussie Farmers Direct is closing today. After 13 years of working with many of Australia’s great farmers and delivering their fresh produce to Australian families, it is hugely disappointing that is has come to this. We are simply no longer able to compete against the domination of the major two supermarkets and the influx of cheap imported produce,” the post said.
Over time the company had expanded to NSW, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia and the Australian Capital Territory, and had been named the fastest growing franchise in Australia by Business Review Weekly.
But Aussie Farmers Direct struggled to compete with the major supermarkets and the promotion of low-cost imported products they sold.
Publication date: 3/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: