Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Irish question is once again a controversial issue in Brexit negotiationsThe Irish question is once again a divisive element in Brexit negotiations. British Prime Minister May said about the EU’s proposal that “no British Prime Minister would ever agree to this.” An hour before her statement, EU negotiator Michel Barnier presented a draft text for the divorce, according to Dutch newspaper FD. The British Prime Minister mostly responded to the text about the border on the Irish island after Brexit.
According to the text, Northern Ireland would become part of a customs union with the EU. According to the EU, this is the only option if all other options to prevent a hard border turn out to be impossible. The British and Northern Irish are accusing the EU of a land grab, because the border is drawn through the Irish Sea.
There are still 13 months before Brexit becomes a fact. Currently, an agreement is nowhere in sight, and no arrangements have been made yet about a transitional period, which the British wanted.
Please click here to read the entire article in Dutch.
Publication date: 3/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: