Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Ron de Greeff and Tim Yzewyn on consequences of cold in wholesales and Cash&Carry:
"Market trade is silent, gastronomics continue"
Tim Yzewyn of the eponymous wholesaler on the Antwerp wholesale market would like it to get warmer again soon. "We have had the coldest February in years. We are making figures, but there is little extra. However, if the sun comes out tomorrow it could be a very different picture." According to Tim it is mainly the standard products that are doing well. "Sauerkraut for instance isn't an item for the Belgian market."
Yzewyn & Co has a special clientele, which includes the better fresh stores and butchers. "Our customers want to define themselves with special products and we like to think 'out-of-the-box'. We are organising a culinary fresh fair next week in Antwerp where we will present innovative recipes and ideas. We have high expectations from this."
Publication date: 3/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: