Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ron de Greeff and Tim Yzewyn on consequences of cold in wholesales and Cash&Carry:
"Market trade is silent, gastronomics continue"
Tim Yzewyn of the eponymous wholesaler on the Antwerp wholesale market would like it to get warmer again soon. "We have had the coldest February in years. We are making figures, but there is little extra. However, if the sun comes out tomorrow it could be a very different picture." According to Tim it is mainly the standard products that are doing well. "Sauerkraut for instance isn't an item for the Belgian market."
Yzewyn & Co has a special clientele, which includes the better fresh stores and butchers. "Our customers want to define themselves with special products and we like to think 'out-of-the-box'. We are organising a culinary fresh fair next week in Antwerp where we will present innovative recipes and ideas. We have high expectations from this."
Publication date: 3/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: