Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"We hope for an increase in demand for Colombian pineapple so we can continue growing"
Colombia's pineapple season will be complicated due to the strong competition of Costa Rica, a country that offers a large production volume. However, despite the uncertainty in the markets, producers expect the season will be positive and that there will be an increase in demand.
Andres Kuratomi, the general manager of Bengala Agricola, said "there is uncertainty in the pineapple market because Costa Rica's supply is greater than the demand in the markets. Last season the offer far exceeded demand so things were very difficult and, as a result, people are being cautious."
Despite this, Kuratomi said they were positive and expected the market trend to change in the coming weeks. "Demand should increase with the arrival of Easter, as worldwide pineapple consumption usually increases at this moment."
Kuratomi also said the production of Bengala Agricola continued to growth and had a very good harvest period: "We are producing fruit in new areas that are very beneficial for the cultivation of pineapple and producing up to 130 tons per hectare, something that excites us not only because of the excellent volumes but also because the fruits have a very high quality."
For more information:
Publication date: 3/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: