Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mobile Farmers Market offers affordable & accessible produceFresh Wagon is a United States Department of Agriculture-funded project that provides fresh produce to Gainesville residents at a low cost. The wagon has been in business for two years, according to Bruce Waite, executive director of Common Thread Alliance.
Fresh Wagon is a service of the Food Oasis Project, which is a program of Common Thread Alliance. The alliance is a non-profit organization and is a farmer-producer that operates in Melrose, Florida.
The Fresh Wagon facilitates a relationship between local farmers by making it available for small family farms to have the opportunity to build sustainable revenues.
According to an article on wuft.org, on Thursdays, the wagon goes to a number of companies and employers, such as CH2M Hill and Nationwide Insurance. On Fridays, the wagon goes to numerous Housing and Urban Development -sponsored locations in East Gainesville, from housing that focuses on people with disabilities to the elderly to families.
“People lack access to transportation. Even though there is a bus service available, it’s a challenge to grocery shop,” Waite said. “We’re trying to strengthen those communities. We’re trying to foster independence.”
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: