Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
For crops damaged in hailstorms
India: Financial aid to doubleIn India, financial assistance will be given at the rate of Rs 30,000 (375 euros) per hectare for damage of more than 50% of irrigated crops and Rs 16,000 (200 euros) per hectare for rain-based crops due to hail storm of February last. At present, the amount of Rs 15,000 and Rs 8,000 is given, respectively.
The announcement about the increase in the grant assistance was made by the Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan in the month of February during the inspection of crops affected by the hailstorm.
According to dailypioneer.com, Indian Government Secretary Arun Pandey informed farmers that new parameters have been fixed for all crops grown, which include vegetable cultivation, farming of spices, watermelon, melon whether they are on the bank of river or farms, including all fruit bearing trees, crops grown on them, mango, orange, lemon, banana, grapes and pomegranate cultivation and pan leaves.
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: