- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
VIE cool handling: Innovative solution for transporting temperature sensitive air cargo goods
Four new customized reefer trailers enabling the improved transport of temperature sensitive air cargo on the airport apron comprise the core element of this solution. As a result, goods at the airport can be continuously handled at temperatures ranging from -20° to +29° Celsius without interrupting the cold chain. These refrigerator trailers were developed by Vienna Airport together with a renowned Austrian automotive engineering company. A secure and unbroken cold chain in air cargo is ensured thanks to VIE COOL HANDLING and the new cooling trailers, so that the products can reach their destination in the best possible quality.
On the basis of its VIE COOL HANDLING concept, Vienna Airport offers a new and innovative solution for the transport of temperature sensitive goods. The focus is on ensuring a secure and reliable cold chain in handling air cargo. Vienna Airport developed a new reefer trailer in collaboration with a reputable Austrian automotive engineering company. It is particularly tailored to customer requirements, thus offering even better quality in the refrigerated transport of air cargo.
Specially developed for airport purposes
Each reefer trailer has a volume of 22 cubic meters and ensures problem-free loading with standard containers, pallets or loose cargo. The integrated refrigeration unit can be operated both electronically or with diesel fuel. In this way, it ensures a secure temperature level during provisioning and transport on the airport apron. As a result, the cold chain is maintained uninterruptedly on the airport apron, even in the case of extreme weather conditions.
Cold or warm: the right temperature is crucial
All those involved in the supply chain have high demands when it comes to perfect cooling, in light of the fact that the cold chain must always be maintained. There are numerous international guidelines and standards that have to be complied with. For this reason, the temperature of the refrigerated trailer can be individually adjusted and is thus adapted to each product. The temperature range is from -20° to +29° Celsius. The temperature sensitive products transported via Vienna Airport are mostly food, plants and medical supplies. In accordance with customer requirements, temperatures of between +2° to +8° Celsius or between +15° to +25° Celsius are needed.
Cargo at Vienna Airport
For the most part, cargo handling and shipment at Vienna Airport is in the hands of the Cargo Handling Service Department. More than 280,000 tonnes of freight were handled at the Air Cargo Center in 2016, comprising a year-on-year rise of 4%. The Air Cargo Center is being expanded by about 15,000, with completion of the project scheduled for the end of 2017. Thanks to its minimal turnaround time and the direct connection to the highway and the airport apron, Vienna Airport is a high-performance partner for cargo and logistics services providers. From a strategic perspective, Vienna has successfully positioned itself in the cargo segment, in particular as a gateway between Asia, the Middle East and Eastern Europe.
For more information:
Peter Kleemann, Company Spokesman
Press Office of Flughafen Wien AG
Tel.: (+43-1-) 7007-23000
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-15 UTE: South African industry pays insufficient attention to humidity
- 2018-11-14 New technologies for the citrus sector
- 2018-11-14 Increasing cases of bacteria in IQF vegetables is restraining growth of the market
- 2018-11-12 India: IIT-Madras develops portable cold storage device
- 2018-11-08 “IQF Freezing is the future of food preservation”
- 2018-11-07 China: Difficulties in refrigerated distribution industry
- 2018-11-06 Strategic review readies NZ horticultural innovator to go global
- 2018-11-02 China: Beihai establishes Guangxi's largest agricultural refrigerated supply chain
- 2018-10-29 Future developments in China's refrigerated distribution
- 2018-10-23 Nigerian start-up solar-refrigerating farms: ColdHubs
- 2018-10-10 Maersk container industry secures historically large reefer order from Hapag-Lloyd
- 2018-10-09 Simple and effective cooling throughout the entire value chain
- 2018-10-03 “Five thousand pallet places are available in the new Cold Store”
- 2018-10-02 Cold chain monitoring solution for fruit & vegetable transport
- 2018-10-01 How Kenyan tomato farmers can avoid heavy losses
- 2018-09-27 "Important goal when IQF freezing broccoli is maintaining bite and color"
- 2018-09-25 New tech makes it cheaper & easier to track the cold chain
- 2018-09-19 Frozen fruit market in the EU: Germany remains the largest importer
- 2018-09-13 Etihad Cargo increases focus on cold chain industry with 'FreshForward' product
- 2018-09-13 Reefer container trade ripe for a digital boost