- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Geopolitical issues require a presence in all markets"
- HOFER discounter launches offensive to reduce packaging waste
- China hits back at Trump: Tariffs on $60 billion of US goods
- Masia Ciscar will grow exclusively three Chilean raspberry varieties
- A.P. Moller - Maersk takes next steps in integration to improve customer experience
Top 5 -last month
- Fresh Del Monte closes difficult second quarter with losses
- 'Successful harvest season of Greek organic citrus is imminent'
- European heatwave leads to increased prices of potatoes and onions in Suriname
- Turkey's currency problem puts yuan back in play
- Turkey: Konya comes second in Turkey in cherry production
Top 5 -last week
- China: Why the huge price gap between imported and domestic fruits?
- President of Costa Rica calls national strike unjustified, unfair and illegal
- Marketability probability study of cherry tomato cultivars
- "Lanzhou Market: Coriander becomes "king of price increase"
- Visitor count Asia Fruit Logistica does not increase with exhibition space
Puerto Limon: Diversifying to survive in the face of competition
This is mainly in order to compensate for the losses it will face when the Terminal de Contenedores de Moín (TCM) – APM Terminals container port – comes into operation in February 2019.
Two weeks ago Japdeva premiered two gantry cranes specialized in container handling. The plan of the institution is for these equipment to be used in the loading and unloading of iron, vehicles, construction materials and others when the new Moin Mega Port of Moín begins operating in February 2019.
According to an article by qcostarica.com, Japdeva faces an unprecedented challenge. According to the operator, only in the first year of operation, the TCM, concessioned to the Dutch firm APM Terminals, will assume 700,000 of the 1.2 million containers that pass through the ports of Japdeva every year. As the years progress, the new terminal will increase the number of containers mobilized until it takes on the totality of this type of cargo.
Under this scenario, the Japdeva port will only handle conventional loads, that is, all those goods that do not travel in containers, such as iron, construction materials, gas and vehicles, among others. This type of product represents approximately five million tons per year.
Today, Japdeva mobilizes 12 million tons per year between containers and conventional cargo.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 China: JD.com wants to ship fruit from all over the world to China in 48 hours
- 09/21/2018 UAE: Etihad refreshes freight network to concentrate on core trade lanes
- 09/20/2018 A.P. Moller - Maersk takes next steps in integration to improve customer experience
- 09/19/2018 "Major lack of space for logistics in the Rotterdam region"
- 09/19/2018 Maersk to change fuel adjustment surcharge ahead of the 2020 sulphur cap
- 09/19/2018 New buildings for Hoogsteder Group: First pile driven into the ground
- 09/18/2018 Will Amazon buy German supermarket chain Real?
- 09/18/2018 Turkish Cargo ships blackberries to Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh and Hong Kong
- 09/18/2018 Hurricane Florence: Ports of Wilmington and Morehead City remain closed
- 09/17/2018 Coast to coast railroad line across South America planned
- 09/14/2018 India: Coimbatore airport sends first perishable export shipment by bonded trucking
- 09/14/2018 Next round of tariffs may hit container shipping harder
- 09/14/2018 CMA CGM celebrates 40 years
- 09/13/2018 “Asia a growing sales market for fruit and vegetables”
- 09/13/2018 Should shippers pass on congestion costs?
- 09/12/2018 Haulage company Nagel-Group wants to raise prices significantly
- 09/10/2018 Fresh produce send via air freight becoming more popular
- 09/07/2018 “Westland will be completely full in a few years”
- 09/07/2018 MOOY Logistics Waddinxveen becomes Gartner Holland B.V.
- 09/07/2018 Delivery of 14,000-TEU containership “ONE AQUILA”