- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Underscoring growing Mexican commerce
Rapid growth in avocado exports to US
Avocado consumption in the U.S. this year builds on astronomical growth in avocado exports from Michoacan during the past two decades. In the 1997-98 season, when the producers here first began shipping north, 13 million pounds of avocados crossed the border. In the last full season, it hit a record of 1.8 billion pounds. This season the figure is estimated to be even higher. (Other Mexican states also produce avocados, but only those from Michoacan are certified by the USDA).
According to usnews.com, such epic expansion has made the tasty green fruit become emblematic of commerce between Mexico and the United States. And it has helped the overall trade across the Rio Grande continue to grow, despite President Trump railing against too many Mexican imports.
In 2017, there was a record $557 billion worth of goods and services flowing between the United States and Mexico. Mexican exports also include cars, electrical machinery, furniture and other fruits and nuts. The U.S. trade deficit with Mexico hit a record $71 billion.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 First export of red-heart kiwifruit from Liupanshui to Russia
- 09/21/2018 Organic industry in Thailand increases production for China
- 09/21/2018 "50% of kiwi-berries lost because of rainfall and floodwater"
- 09/21/2018 Taiwan's government hopes that garlic farmers will reduce production by 10%
- 09/21/2018 First batch of New Zealand avocados hits the Chinese market
- 09/21/2018 'Spooky Foods' campaign to entice more shoppers to buy exotic produce
- 09/21/2018 Australian mango season heats up in Northern Territory
- 09/21/2018 Grower sues Miami competitor over hot-selling avo
- 09/21/2018 Kenya: Nairobians are going crazy about pineapple peels
- 09/21/2018 Australian project helps Vietnamese mango famers
- 09/20/2018 Costa Rica's exotic fruit has opportunities in Canada
- 09/20/2018 North Florida: Cold hardy avocados
- 09/20/2018 Mexico: Growing interest in fig crops in Michoacan
- 09/20/2018 Excellent quality but lower yields for pomegranates
- 09/20/2018 Mexico: "6 out of every 10 papayas consumed in North America are from Colima"
- 09/20/2018 Kiwiberries on the market and gaining popularity
- 09/20/2018 New Zealand Fuyu persimmon filling gap before California season starts
- 09/19/2018 Gilroy garlic ranch fully supports trade war
- 09/19/2018 Green light for Jamaica to export mangoes to the US
- 09/19/2018 Australian avocado season - Far North Queensland