Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Earliest harvest of high-quality cherries from the Northern Hemisphere
Praxis Agricultural Co., which is located in Dali, Yunnan, has already collected this year's first harvest of high-quality cherries in the Northern Hemisphere.
The company president, Faraz Maani, pointed out that the first harvest of cherries was collected in week 9. The harvesters started on February 27th, and they will continue until the last week of March if weather conditions permit.
"Our earliest objective was to enter the market before spring starts on March 21st, but it seems that we have already exceeded our expectations. This is in part because up to now the weather conditions have been in our favor."
The March harvest of red, gold, and black cherries with a high sugar content and without the use of pesticides was the culmination of five years of repeated experiments.
This company hopes to employ specialized technology to offer opportunities to cherry varieties that did not originally produce fruit in March, for example the golden cherry. "We are still in the experimental phase. We are currently exploring many exciting possibilities," said Maani.
The majority of these cherries have been sold in advance in China under the company brand SOL, because the supply volume is limited. If people are interested in our sales in China, they can contact us through e-mail at SOLCherries@163.com or SOLCherries@gmail.com
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: