Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Earliest harvest of high-quality cherries from the Northern Hemisphere
Praxis Agricultural Co., which is located in Dali, Yunnan, has already collected this year's first harvest of high-quality cherries in the Northern Hemisphere.
The company president, Faraz Maani, pointed out that the first harvest of cherries was collected in week 9. The harvesters started on February 27th, and they will continue until the last week of March if weather conditions permit.
"Our earliest objective was to enter the market before spring starts on March 21st, but it seems that we have already exceeded our expectations. This is in part because up to now the weather conditions have been in our favor."
The March harvest of red, gold, and black cherries with a high sugar content and without the use of pesticides was the culmination of five years of repeated experiments.
This company hopes to employ specialized technology to offer opportunities to cherry varieties that did not originally produce fruit in March, for example the golden cherry. "We are still in the experimental phase. We are currently exploring many exciting possibilities," said Maani.
The majority of these cherries have been sold in advance in China under the company brand SOL, because the supply volume is limited. If people are interested in our sales in China, they can contact us through e-mail at SOLCherries@163.com or SOLCherries@gmail.com
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: