- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Christian Nahas becomes President of Edible Brands
Edible International announces plans to open second headquarters in Atlanta
In this newly-created position, Nahas will oversee all commercial operations of the world's largest franchiser of shops offering creatively designed fresh cut fruit arrangements and all-natural, fresh fruit snacks and treats.
Christian Nahas, President of Edible Brands
Farid said that the brand's Connecticut headquarters will continue to serve as its home base, while the Atlanta office will provide Edible with expanded franchise and retail resources. In addition, Atlanta's more central location and access to major transportation hubs makes it an attractive location to base much of the team needed to support the company's next phase of growth into new markets and product categories.
Edible is currently reviewing real estate options in Atlanta with plans to add 50 jobs in the coming year and another 150 positions over time. In addition, the selection of Nahas to oversee Edible operations brings the brand an immediate and important presence in the Atlanta franchise and business communities.
Nahas has nearly two decades of experience leading teams at several companies in the greater Atlanta area. He most recently served as Senior Vice President of Paris-based Capgemini in their Atlanta office.
"This is a historic moment for the Edible brand," said Nahas. "Having spent most of my career in Atlanta, I see it as the perfect location for Edible to expand the team needed to support its worldwide system of almost 1,300 locations."
Farid, who was recently inducted into the International Franchise Association's Hall of Fame, already has a business presence in Atlanta with his technology company Naranga, a leading provider of franchise sales and software solutions, which is based in the city. He said the expansion in Atlanta and the selection of Nahas as president is just the first step in the next phase of dramatic growth for the brand.
"Christian has been a major figure in the Atlanta business community and his experience and expertise will be critical as we ramp up our operations in the market," Farid said. "He joins Edible at a pinnacle moment for our global business as we prepare our next phase of growth and development that will include the addition of exciting new revenue streams for our brand and our franchisees."
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Chile: Good results of fruit sector are linked to China
- 09/20/2018 New Zealand kiwifruit growers experience a bumper Hayward crop
- 09/20/2018 AU: Odeum Farms helping to restore confidence in WA's strawberry industry
- 09/19/2018 US domestic blackberry season extending longer
- 09/19/2018 Ulster: Canker attacks gas-stored apples
- 09/19/2018 New Zealand: Native birds as potential alternative to pesticides
- 09/18/2018 Positive year ahead for Ontario apples
- 09/18/2018 Honeycrunch expects a strong production increase this year
- 09/18/2018 Watsonville strawberries are winding down
- 09/17/2018 Turkey: Watermelon harvest in Hakkari generates revenue for local economy
- 09/17/2018 Local market flourishing for Colorado cantaloupe
- 09/14/2018 Turkey: Apples from Siirt are exported to 8 different countries
- 09/14/2018 Turkey: Tons of watermelons damaged in Mus due to hailstorm
- 09/14/2018 China: 2018 Xinjiang Korla pear harvest
- 09/14/2018 China: Blueberry market prospects look good
- 09/14/2018 France : Mirabelles take over cherry production
- 09/14/2018 Research claims prunes have bone-building power
- 09/14/2018 France : Limousin needs over 1,000 apple pickers
- 09/14/2018 Poland: 99% of apples and pears sold by Biedronka are domestic
- 09/14/2018 Kazakhstan imports more apples from Iran and Uzbekistan, replacing Polish fruit