Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Senegal to produce 150,000 tons of potatoes in 2018This year, Senegal expects to produce 150,000 tons of potatoes. Compared to the volume produced last year, this would represent an increase by 32,000 tons.
This output should enable the country to meet its local demand (95,000 tons) while increasing its exports at the same time.
Ecofinagency.com reports that during the start of the harvests, Macoumba Diouf, the national director of Horticulture said that this year, government’s subvention for the seed is CFA3.4 billion (5.18 mln euros) against CFA130 million (200,000 euros) in 2013.
The crop is mainly grown in Niayes, in the northwestern part of Senegal, which as a region is one of the five largest suppliers of potatoes in West Africa.
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: