Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Senegal to produce 150,000 tons of potatoes in 2018This year, Senegal expects to produce 150,000 tons of potatoes. Compared to the volume produced last year, this would represent an increase by 32,000 tons.
This output should enable the country to meet its local demand (95,000 tons) while increasing its exports at the same time.
Ecofinagency.com reports that during the start of the harvests, Macoumba Diouf, the national director of Horticulture said that this year, government’s subvention for the seed is CFA3.4 billion (5.18 mln euros) against CFA130 million (200,000 euros) in 2013.
The crop is mainly grown in Niayes, in the northwestern part of Senegal, which as a region is one of the five largest suppliers of potatoes in West Africa.
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: