Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Q4 retail report by produce association now available
As retailers prepare for consumers to migrate towards online platforms for packaged goods, fresh offerings in the perimeter are playing a key role in attracting shoppers to store, according to the United Fresh Produce Association’s Q4 2017 edition of the FreshFacts on Retail report.
“Our members have shared that having access to Q4 data is key to their annual planning cycle,” said Miriam Wolk, Vice President, Member Services. “This report shares this information, as well as the full year in review – content that our members find valuable for bench-marking the industry year to year.”
This quarter’s report features seasonal category deep dives on citrus, mushrooms and cooking vegetables, with a comparison of Q1 2017 vs. Q1 2016 results to help companies plan for a successful Q1 2018. A spotlight on the strength of organic produce showcases purchasing trends and commodities that still have room for expansion in this sector. The report also looks at value-added fruits and vegetables, including a continued feature on the packaged salad category.
The FreshFacts on Retail report, produced in partnership with Nielsen Fresh and direction from the United Fresh Retail-Foodservice Board, measures retail price and sales trends for the top 10 fruit and vegetable commodities as well as other value-added produce categories. The report is sponsored by Del Monte Fresh Produce.
The complete FreshFacts on Retail report can be downloaded free of charge for all United Fresh members ($50 for non-members).
For more information:
United Fresh Produce Association
Tel: +1 (202) 303-3425
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: